It’s all rock and roll over here – I’m still bed-bound with the flu so today’s been all about Lemsip, Pop Tarts, ”New Girl” and judging the Passion for Fashion entries (the competition closes at midnight so hurry up and enter if you haven’t already!). My day actually doesn’t look too bad written down like that but trust me, I feel pretty horrid and cabin fever is setting in so now seems as good a time as any to tell you about this Burt’s Bees Naturally Ageless Eye Cream I’ve been trying out over the past 3-4 weeks.
- As expected from the “Earth friendly” Burt’s Bees, this product is made with natural ingredients (to be precise, 98.98% according to their ‘natural bar’).
- I’ve used eye creams since I was 21 and whether it’s down to that, luck or genetics, I don’t suffer from fine lines…my problem is dark circles. While still there, they’ve definitely faded – I’d say more so while using this product than with any other I’ve tried – and the skin around my eyes is noticeably lighter.
- The lovely gel-like texture sinks in fairly quickly and leaves no sticky residue.
- Only a tiny amount is needed so it’ll last for a few months (FYI – the recommended amount for all eye creams is about the size of a grain of rice).
- As I mentioned in my review of Burt’s Bees Radiance Eye Cream, the fact it’s in a pot means you can use the product right up until it’s completely run out.
- While the lovely glass pot and brushed metal lid feel luxurious, the packaging is a bit plain in my opinion. A picky point but I do like the products on my bathroom shelf to look pretty!
- As I also mentioned in my other Burt’s Bees review, I’m not sure how hygienic it is to stick your fingers in the pot everyday (even if your hands are clean!). Instead I briefly flip the pot upside-down then use the product that’s gone onto the lid.
- I’m not too keen on the scent but it’s not very strong so is easily ignored.
This product was sent to me as a press sample but my opinion is 100% honest.