I’m still suffering from mild adult acne (oh the joys) and as such rely on concealer more than someone of my age should have to. Bitterness aside, that means I’ve tried and tested a few over the past 2/3 years and while lots of them were fine none were good enough for me to want to buy them again, even the expensive ones.
When my latest product ran out I remembered hearing about a great budget concealer but I couldn’t remember which one – if you’re one of the people who answered my cry for help, thank you again! While still not quite perfect this is literally the best concealer I’ve ever used and I’ll definitely make a repeat purchase.
- At less than £5 it’s super-cheap!
- It’s actually very cost-effective too, as a little goes a long way.
- The consistency is quite thick but it blends easily and doesn’t feel at all heavy or ‘cakey’.
- It gives excellent coverage with just a couple of dabs.
- It really does stay put for a long time.
- The Collection brand is owned by LF Beauty, who don’t test on animals (this isn’t to say the ingredients that go into the product haven’t been, however - here’s more info on animal testing).
- There are only 4 shades, the darkest of which (“Deep”) is probably still too light for those with darker skin.
- The writing on the tube does rub off very easily and can actually be a bit messy.
- The applicator is similar to that of a lipgloss so I do have some concern about how hygienic it is but frankly it’s so wonderful I’m willing to overlook it!Buy Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer at Boots (and currently you get a free gift if you spend more than £4.99 on Collection!).