The IFB (Independent Fashion Bloggers) network is, in my opinion, the best online community for bloggers. Founded in 2007 by Jennine Tamm, IFB is a space for fashion bloggers worldwide to connect, discuss their experiences, and read humorous and informative articles on a variety of social media-related topics e.g. how to improve your blog’s aesthetic, how to increase traffic, and how to monetise your site.
Links à la Mode is a weekly roundup of some of it’s member’s best posts of the week, as chosen by a rotating selection of fellow bloggers. Considering the sheer number of IFB members and the number of posts put forward each week (between 100-200) it is, of course, an honour to have a post selected – so I’m so, so happy to see that one of mine has made this week’s list! Thanks so much to Collette, who narrowed down this week’s submissions.
Fresh New Start
Edited by: Collette Osuna of Statements in Fashion
Even though January is one brutal cold month in Michigan, it happens to be one of my favorites. It’s a brand New Year…..it’s the opportunity for each and every one of us to start with a fresh clean slate. What will you be taking on this year? A new hobby? Losing weight? Starting your own business? Bettering your blog? The ideas are only limited by your imagination, and I for one, cannot wait to begin this new adventure. This weeks links are chock full of awesome DIY ideas, product reviews, and ways to make yourself smile!
Have a fabulous month everyone!
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: JANUARY 12TH
- Ethical Fashion Blog: What do you think about charity shop pricing?
- Fashion is Evolution: How to make a clothing-tag specimen board
- Fashion Moriarty: If you only buy 12 magazines this year
- House of Jeffers: Not fitting in because of the way you dress
- Letter Kay Blog: How to wear leather leggings
- Life of a Recessionista: Products I can’t live without
- Life Style Flash: Things I hate about shopping
- Marionberry Style: It isn’t easy being green
- Nadalyn Margaret: All about brooches
- Over 50 Feeling 40: Journalism 101 for Bloggers
- Pandippo: Sometimes a simple dress is all you need
- Paper Cloth: Things I learned from January J.Crew
- Pretty Quirky Pants: DIY Beaded stretch cuff bracelet
- Statements in Fashion: Twitter Tuesday: “Chuffed to Bits” for The Whitelist
- Style Delights: Ten tips to be happy!
- The Calvin Show: How to take great street style photos
- The Dapper Bun: DIY Simple hems
- The PVD Journal: How to take gratuitous photos of yourself
- The Shop Hopper: Shopping Manifesto
- The Window Shopper: DIY Getting your colors done
New Dresses at Shopbop: Just Cavalli, BB Dakota, T Bags LA, Nightcap, SoLow, Zac Posen, Malene Birger, Phillip Lim, See by Chloe, Nanette Lepore, Tucker, Cut25 & Parker
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine