I began using eye cream around the time I hit 20: the thin skin around the eyes is notoriously delicate and prevention is better than cure.
Recently, after noticing I was low on my usual cream, I sent out an appeal on Twitter as I wanted to try something new. You sent lots of recommendations but one brand that cropped up several times was Burt’s Bees and after the lovely team who do their PR saw the tweets they sent me some samples to try.
I like to use beauty products for a while before giving my opinion – it’s the only way to give a fair trial – and I’ve now been using this for a couple of weeks so here are my thoughts on Burt’s Bees Radiance Eye Cream.
- This product undoubtedly makes the skin around my eyes brighter. There’s a soft shimmer which adds a lovely, radiant glow (see photo below).
- I have stubborn dark circles that no amount of sleep or hydration can cure, however they’ve definitely faded with twice-daily use of this cream.
- 98.2% natural product containing royal jelly, which is made from “nectar, pollen, flower parts, vitamins, minerals, bee hormones and other natural ingredients”.
- The fact it’s in a pot means that no product is wasted, you can continue to use it right up until it completely runs out.
- A pot will last for a looong time!
- While the product being in a pot has it’s plus point (see above) I personally prefer tubes as it’s more hygenic if I’m not sticking my fingers in the product everyday. A simple fix I’ve found is to quickly flip the pot upside-down first (with the top on!) then use any product that’s on the lid.
- Doesn’t sink in completely and leaves skin ever so slightly sticky.
- Personally, I don’t like the scent: it’s quite floral and oddly (considering how natural the ingredients are) smells artificial, although it is a subtle odour.
I’m really impressed with Burt’s Bees Radiance Eye Cream. My dislikes are not only minor but also outnumbered by the things I really like about this product. At £19.99 it’s a mid-range price but a product that does (in my opinion) produce results. I’ll happily be buying it again!
Keep your eyes out (ho ho) for my upcoming reviews of some of the other Burt’s Bees products I was sent!
Have you used any Burt’s Bees products? Which eye creams do you love?
(p.s. Sorry for being a bit quiet on the blog front recently; house-hunting is driving me insane! Fingers crossed I found our new flat last night but saying that I’ve thought that twice already so 3rd time lucky, hopefully.)
Pingback: Tips When searching for the most effective Eye Cream Products | How To Get Rid Of Eczema Fast
Pingback: lifestyleflash.com | Burt’s Bees Naturally Ageless Eye Cream